Hello fans of app quality! This week, Applause reached yet another milestone. For the third straight year, Forbes Magazine has named Applause one of America’s Most Promising Companies! Coming in at #38, Applause has now placed in the top 40 on the list every year it has submitted for consideration.
The Forbes list of 100 privately held companies with bright futures is based on growth (both in sales and hiring), quality of management team and investors, margins, market size and key partnerships. Given that there was a record number of submissions this year from many amazing, new companies, this back-to-back-to-back set of appearances is all the more gratifying. To quote an email from the award organizers, Applause is “a great company in great company.”
Also, while Applause is a global company, we are HQ’d in Massachusetts and this year we were the top-ranking company from Massachusetts on the Forbes list. This most-recent accolade tops a twelve-month stretch that saw some big milestones for our company, including:
- In January 2014, we received a $43MM E-Round, led by Goldman Sachs.
- In May, we announced an expanded app quality offering and rebranded from uTest to Applause, and also made our formal entry into the EU with a major acquisition of top EU crowdtesting company, testhub (which became Applause EU).
- In November, we launched ARC – a free publication dedicated to providing expert analysis, information and research on every aspect of today’s apps economy led by former ReadWrite Editor Dan Rowinski – and the Ovation Awards, which celebrate the amount of applause winning apps receive from the public and experts.
- In December, we launched enterprise-grade Mobile Beta Management
- Earlier this month, we crowned the Ovation Award winners and announced that our mobile app analytics tool is now available in France, Italy, Germany and Spain.
Along the way, we made our third-straight Inc. 5000 list, won a Stevie Award for Most Innovative Tech Company for the company size above our class and grew both our business and our testing community exponentially.
We here at Applause know how much hard work goes into compiling a list like this, so we’d like to thank the judges for this honor and offer our congratulations to all of the winners. For us, making this list is a testament to all who make our holistic, 360 degree approach to app quality possible – the aforementioned global community of professional testers, our employees and board, and growing list of partners. All of them work tirelessly every day to delight our clients and move the apps economy forward.
One more thing we know….apps. We know apps, and we’re going to keep growing, thriving and helping companies launch great apps their users love, throughout 2015 and beyond.